Virgin Australia | Audio Visual Team
I am currently employed by Virgin Australia as a part of the in-house audio-visual team. My role is to produce training videos for internal use within both flight crew and cabin crew departments.
The following is a list of skills that I depend on in my role:
- Proficient camera knowledge which broadly requires an understanding of exposure, composition, camera movement, lighting, and video codecs.
- Directing onscreen talent while simultaneously liaising with cabin standards staff to ensure the prescribed safety procedures are demonstrated correctly.
- Sound recording, mastering and syncing off camera sound recorders with video files.
- Multi-camera video editing in Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Advanced colour grading required to create continuity between multiple camera types.
- Post production visual effects including digital compositing and motion tracking through Adobe After Effects.
- Publishing content for both classroom applications and intranet computer based training
THRESHOLD | Narrative Short Film
Threshold is a 3-minute narrative short film that I produced for the world’s largest short film competition; My Rode Reel. The film won Best Sci-Fi and placed finalist in almost every other technical category in the competition. I was responsible for writing, directing, editing, producing, production design, visual effects and online publishing. Threshold is one of the projects that I am most proud of to this day.
Red Frogs Australia Promo | Cinematographer
Off the tail of THRESHOLD, I received some attention as a skilled cinematographer and was hired by Red Frogs Australia to be Director of Photography on their World War II themed promotional video. The piece was shot on location at Fort Litton with a cast and crew of around 20 people.
TIGERAIR | RE-BRAND
In October 2015 TIGERAIR unveiled their domestic airline re-brand which consisted of new uniforms, a refreshed logo and updated aircraft livery. During this re-brand, I was commissioned to create a cache of images along with a cohesive short form film to be used for in-house training.
Attack at dawn | TVC 60sec
The second spot I created for Just Cars Insurance. This version required the same skill set as mentioned in ‘It’s not Just a Car’ with the addition of stylised lighting setups, a more intricate production design and a hybrid approach of mixing practical and digital effects.
It's not Just a Car | TVC 60sec
This narrative form, a slice of life television commercial was created for a competition run by Just Cars Insurance; it ended up winning the Judges prize and aired nationally for two years.
As with most of the projects I produce I wrote, directed, lit, shot, edited, and colour graded the piece as well as managed the art direction, audio recording, mastering and sound design.
TigerAir - Our Way | Pitch Video
This proof-of-concept spot was used to pitch an internal training package within TigerAir. Subsequently, the 50-second video secured me a larger project during the rebrand of the airline in 2015.
World Vision funded Microflicks entry: Open Doors
I was contacted by Tara Brown to colour grade of her micro-documentary Open Doors. By the end of the project, I had assisted with the script and taken the lead on the motion graphics design.
- Premiere Pro
- After Effects
- Media Encoder
- DaVinci Resolve
- Trapcode Particular
- Pluraleyes (sound syncing software)
- Final Cut Pro X